Suzanna Griffith (’91)

Suzanna Griffith Music www.suzannagriffith.com

Los Angeles, CA
WFU Class of 1991
Majors: Theatre & Communications

DeacLink: Please walk me through your path from graduation day to your current job.

Suzanna Griffith: I moved LA to pursue my dreams as an actor and singer—took a detour in corporate America—but luckily was able to leave and realize my dreams so now my career is in music as a teacher and performer.

DL: How much did your studies and general experience at Wake inform or drive your career path?

SG: I learned a great deal at WFU through my classes and also performing in plays, bands and choir. It helped me to be a well rounded artist.

DL: How did you find and apply to the various positions you’ve held? Any tips or suggestions for the student audience on networking, interviewing and applying for jobs?

SG: Always pursue your dreams. Networking is very important in the arts. A lot of “who you know’ goes a long way. I obtained confidence from my years at WFU. Small class size – great teachers – great life long friends.

DL: What is your favorite part of living and working in L.A.? What is the most interesting thing going on in the art scene there at the moment, in your opinion?

SG: Los Angeles is a very diverse and robust city for the arts. While it is a film and TV city, there are many opportunities for singers and coaches.

DL: What is your favorite part about where you work?

SG: Teaching what I am passionate about and continuing to perform. I did a series of Cabaret concerts in Paris this past summer. I also produced and starred in several jazz and Cabaret concerts over the years to support Children’s Hospital Los Angeles though a charity – HARK (Healing Arts Reaching Kids).

DL: What and where is next for you?

SG: More performing! I’ll be doing some Cabaret shows in Chicago and Los Angeles in 2024. I will also continue to teach vocal lessons and classes.\

DL: Any other kernel of advice you’d like to impart to the readers?

SG: Always stay true to your creative self, it will never leave you and is to be enjoyed at any age!